Last season was a bumper year for apples and all around my village people were giving them away, so I bagged as many as I could and filled the freezer. Here’s a little recipe I make to add to my porridge:
1. Core & peel 2 large or 4 small apples – a mix of varieties is nice.
2. Dice into chunks (Molly does this for me) and place in a pot with 100mls of apple or orange juice. J20 also works.
3. Add a handful of big fat raisins and bring to the boil.
4. Turn down and simmer for 5 mins.
5. Once done either leave whole or give it a little stir to make into a “mush”.
6. Cool and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Add a large spoonful to your porridge. Yum … and it counts as two of your 5-a-day!
Image courtesy of foto76 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net